Saturday, March 31, 2012

Cherry Hill Tourist Camp

This postcard picture of the Cherry Hill Tourist Camp that was on M-60 just west of Union City.
Remember the restaurant that was located there back in the late 1950's, ate my first piece of pizza there.
Noted on the backside of the postcard:
At the Head of Union Lake
Good Fishing, Boating and Bathing
Furnished Cottages Day or Weekend
- Home Cooked Food -
Steaks, Chops, Chicken
Phone 3654
Handwritten on the backside was: Neal Radebaugh's, we built this in 1939

3 comments:

Robert Brigham said...

Neal Radebaugh was the mother of Bob and Max Maurer. Her first husband died, according to Max, from the effects of being gassed in WW I.
She married Henry Radebaugh and together they performed in vaudeville. She played the piano and sang and Henry played the bones. After they sold Cherry Hill they bought what is now Meteor Ridge. (Can't be certain of the timing.) They called it the Plantation and ran an antique business there for many years.

Anonymous said...

I'm Neals great granddaughter. They bought what is now the Meteor Ridge Farm in the 40's. Have tons of picks and old newspaper articles of the Plantation and the antique shop.

Unknown said...

if this is the Neal I knew, she was a wonderful lady. She was teaching me about antiques, what to look for, how to tell if it was genuinelu old. We also had a deal. I could come down and pick all the rhubard I wanted as long as I kept bringibg het pies. It was a win-win for both of us.