Thursday, October 10, 2013

Business that were located on the Southwest Corner of West High & Broadway (mid 1800's to present)


The earliest picture I have of the Ford Garage Corner from my collection of the March 9, 1908 flood.  The building on the corner 1908 was the Titlow House (hotel) that was built around 1845.
Another picture of the Titlow House (hotel) that I scanned while visiting the Hammond House during September 2013.
The picture above was scanned at the Hammond House during my visit in September 2013, of Spoore's Ford Garage from about 1915.  
Around 1920 the business was called Foodson Engle and Stanton Garage.
Picture I scanned at the Hammond House in 2010 of Bray's Ford Garage in 1952.
Picture of Carl Bray Sr. taken around 1935.
Currently located on the corner is the new Union Township Library and Union Township Office.

No comments: