Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Congregational Church and the Christian Endeavor Group

The pictures below were sent to me by Bill Gough from his mother's photo album ...some great pictures, hopefully some of you that take a look at the pictures can help identify who the people are in the pictures.

Comments from Bill .....Some old photos from the Congregational Church. Below is a picture of the church choir in the mid 1930s. My grandfather John Corbin and my mother Eleanor are 2nd and 3rd from left in the second row. My grandmother Ethel is 3rd from left in the front row. I think that is a Rev. Russ McConnell (?) in the back row in the center. I don't know the exact year but it was likely around the time mom left for college.

Bill's comments ....The "Christian Endeavor" group, I think it was a young adults group, taken in the church in 1905. John Corbin is 3rd from left in the back row. His brother Byron is 3rd from right in the back row.

Bill's comments ....A postcard to my grandmother Ethel from John, 1911. On the back written "Thurs Eve. This is the breaking up of the C.E. (Christian Endeavor) picnic. Do you see any familiar faces?" Not sure who he is referring to!

Bill's comments ....Not sure when this was taken … but I would guess 1905-10. Christian Endeavor Group again. Byron Corbin, my great uncle, on the left end.


No comments: